Thursday, January 15, 2015

vintage camera collection :: photo journal







hi, my name is cassandra and i'm addicted to vintage cameras. i meeeeaaan.... though, isn't everybody? they sit on shelves in my bedroom and sometimes when i'm supposed to be working i daydream about who owned them before me. i think about what kind of pictures they took... what kind of memories were captured with this wonderful little machine? i think about how he/she's hands looked as he/she held the camera. did they buy it new or used... or maybe it was a gift?

do i use my vintage cameras? sometimes. definitely the polaroids. i've used my pinhole that i built myself, but i always loose patience. when i get the film developed, nothing ever turns out. most of the others collect dust, but look oh-so-pretty doing so.

here's my camera collection diary:

  1. the kodak brownie holiday flash: bought at a flea market for $6. my day was made. i mean, the original price in 1953 was $5.  it's pretty darn cute if you ask me.
  2. an original box brownie: found in a friend's garage. seriously. it's from the 40's and is basically a box of cardboard covered with leather. this was made before bakelight (plastic) was invented.
  3. camflex by national instrument corporation: another camera from the 40's, this one gifted to me by my mother-in-law. she gets me.
  4. handmade pinhole camera: i bought a kit at barnes & noble that walked me through how to make it. seriously.
  5. kodak brownie starflash: this was my sweet friend's grandmothers. i can't believe she didn't want it. it came in the box and still has the flash bulb intact. i think this one is my favorite.
  6. polaroid land camera with rainbow flash: i have a lot of polaroids. they are all blue or black or dark green. the rainbow stripe is simply a sticker but it makes the entire camera so.much.cooooler!!! just ask any hipster.

so that's that. what do you collect?

No comments:

Post a Comment